The Building of The Tree House

The beginning April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011

May 1, 2011 -We took a trip to take a look at how the construction has been progressing.



They have the plumbing that runs under the floor installed.



The polystyrene insulation for under the slab has been delivered.



Me standing just inside the doorway of the future workout room.



The rebar and mesh for the pad has been delivered.



First time that the view in land has been clear enough to be able to see the top of Mount Taranaki from the new house.




May 2, 2011 -Looks to me like things are ready for them to pour cement.



The orange upright is conduit, most likely for the connection to the power grid.



The blue pipe at the bottom of the picture connects to some white PVC pipe that you can just see partially buried by sand. I think this will end up being an external maintenance point like out current house has. Makes for easy of access to clear blockages etc.

May 4, 2011 -Emma heard that the foundation had been poured today so when I was in the area for work I swung by the section to take a look. They were all done except for one guy left behind to power trowel the pad. We had some light rain through the day some of which you can see on the pad. On the way home after work we had some heavy rain which I hope does not hit the work site.

May 17, 2011 -The framing has gone well over the past week while we have been away. I will try and add some comments to this batch of pictures later in the week. Also as I used the camera and not a camera phone for these pictures, I have larger images available. You can click on any of the images in this batch to see a larger image.




More

May 29, 2011 - Playing catchup with pictures. Below you can see the roof tiles on the roof.



Soffits being installed



Channels for the gib to be fasted to on the bottom of the trusses.



May 30, 2011 -

Rough in of the bathtub.

Now that the front window is in, the brick is going on that wall too. Really happy with how the colour of the tiled roof tuned out. Will be interesting to see how it changes with a bit of weathering. All the colours are working together as we hoped. Never really sure when working from colour samples how things will look in the end.



You can see how the ringe line on the rood is not complete or straight. Those tiles are sitting loose on the roof I am pretty sure.



You can see the vent for the ensuite and some extra tiles piled up on the roof.



The electrical panel has been roughed in in the garage.



Wiring is going in.



Some plumbing going in too.

The last window has been installed after repairs to a broken pane.


The heatlamp vent units for the bathrooms have been delivered.